The Belgian Petroleum Federation (FPB/BPF) is the official voice of the leading oil refining, marketing & distribution and storage companies in Belgium, interfacing with the public authorities, associations and the general public in areas of common interest to the industry. FPB accounts for 100% of refining capacity and nearly 80% of fuel sales in Belgium.
Belgian Petroleum Federation
Avenue des Arts 39, bte 2
T + 32 2 508 30 00
F + 32 2 511 05 91
Public Affairs & Communication Manager
T + 32 2 508 30 07
M +32 (0)497 511 575
Jean-Pierre Van Dijk
Total number of employees of member companies
6.521 (on December 31, 2013)
Main functions of FPB/BPF
- FPB keeps abreast of all issues likely to be of interest to its members. To that end, the FPB maintains close contact with the federal and regional authorities and the relevant institutions and bodies.
- FPB provides a framework enabling the oil industry to develop joint positions on policies and proposed legislation on economic, social and environmental issues, while at the same time ensuring rigorous compliance with the rules of competition law.
- FPB promotes the policies and positions of the industry in its dealings with the general public, the federal and regional authorities, and any relevant bodies and organisations.
- FPB represents the petroleum industry in negotiations between the social partners within the relevant joint committees.
- FPB represents the petroleum industry in all negotiations relating to the programme agreement governing the Belgian scheme of maximum selling prices for oil products, with a view to ensuring an adequate supply of oil to the country.