Established in September 2018 by 35 members of two former federations, the Chambre Patronale des Employeurs Permanents des Arts de la Scène (the chamber for permanent employers in the performing arts, or CPEPAS) and the Concertation Permanente des Employeurs des Arts de la Scène (the standing consultation group for employers in the performing arts, or CONPEAS), which were brought together, the Fédération des Employeurs des Arts de la Scène (the federation of employers in the performing arts, or FEAS) currently numbers around 50 cultural operators recognised by the Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles (French Community) .
Its members are active in all disciplines of the performing arts, including performing arts centres and institutes, theatre companies, musical and vocal ensembles, support and performance venues, research centres and support structures for theatre or dance projects.
Fédération des Employeurs des Arts de la Scène
Head office address
Rue de Nimy 106
Fédération des Employeurs des Arts de la Scène (FEAS)
Rue de Nimy 106
Tel.: + 32 (0)65 39 98 00
Françoise Havelange, Secretary General
Philippe Degeneffe (Mars/Mons Arts de la Scène)
Daniel Weissmann (Opéra Philharmonique Royal de Liège)
Annie Bozzini (Charleroi Danse)
Total number of workers active in member cultural operators
Based in Wallonia and Brussels, FEAS members:
- focus on creation, performance and research;
- ensure that their shows are accessible to the most disadvantaged in society;
- produce and put on top-quality shows;
- collaborate with a wide range of operators within the French Community (e.g. companies, cultural centres) and abroad;
- are committed to rolling out facilitation initiatives for disadvantaged audiences and activities geared towards children and schools, for instance.