The Federation of Belgian Port Employers' responsibility is the investigation and handling of all social matters relating to the organisation of work and the employment of dockworkers in Belgium.
Federation of Belgian Port Employers
Brouwersvliet 33, bte 7
2000 Antwerpen 1
T + 32 3 221 99 87
T +32 3 221 99 76
Total number of employees of member companies
The Federation of Belgian Port Employers is a confederation of local employers' associations, which in turn gather all companies directly employing dockworkers in Belgium.
Thus the federation represents five employers' associations:
• the employers' association of the ports of Brussels and Vilvoorde (CEMPO);
• the employers' association of the port of Ghent (CEPG);
• the employers' association of the port of Zeebrugge-Bruges (CEWEZ);
• the employers' association of the port of Antwerp (CEPA).
The main tasks of the Belgian Ports Employers' Association are to:
• examine social issues relating to the employment of dockworkers in Belgian ports;
• represent the employers of dockworkers at Belgian ports within the joint committee for ports (Committee No. 301) and draw up collective bargaining agreements;
• represent employers at international, federal and regional levels regarding all matters relating to the employment of dockworkers.